Its Friday, I'm tired, alone, have a sore throat and haven't much to look forward to this weekend as hubby is away riding and my gorgeous girl is out with her soul mates having fun....both nights! Oh well, hols soon and I can follow one of my passions.... food. Its such a comfort!! Here's an oldy but goody! My work colleagues love it because its quick, easy and delicious.
My version of a Thai Seafood Soup........
Will be eating this tomorrow night with a glass of Clare Valley Riesling! Can't wait........Mmmmmm!
Oh, BTW, if you would really like to treat yourself, make a reservation at 'Paul's Asian Affair' in New Lambton for the the best Asian food anywhere... OMG!! Fresh, amazing flavours and generous serves. Mmm...might order in instead??!!
500g fresh seafood ( Whatever you desire. I love king prawns, scallops and squid)
1 tbl olive oil
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 small red chilli sliced
2-3 chopped coriander roots
1 stalk lemongrass bruised (optional)
300g lite coconut milk
grated rind of a large fresh lemon
1 tsp of brown sugar
1tbl of fish sauce
1 choice of sliced vegetable (eg red capsicum, snow peas or Broccolini, or anything you fancy)
1/2 bunch chopped coriander
1. In a wok, saute chilli, garlic, coriander roots and ginger in oil for 1-2 minutes on a high heat.
2. Add the seafood and your choice of vegetable and fry until half cooked.
3. Pour in coconut milk, bruised lemon grass, lemon rind, brown sugar and fish sauce and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add fresh coriander leaves and turn off heat.
5. Serve over a bed of cooked jasmine rice.
Have a great weekend. G.