Click on the book to purchase!
"Fast, Fresh, Simple" is the title of the latest Donna Hay cookbook. I knew I had to buy this book, because the words 'fast, fresh, simple ' sum up my cooking style.
The cookbook doesn't disappoint.
So far I'm enjoying cooking my way through the recipes, but more importantly my fussy children are enjoying eating them!
Donna Hay is even able to make an old favourite; Pumpkin Soup, faster and more delicious ....
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Recipe by Donna Hay
Try this warming and healthy soup from Donna Hay.
- 1 x 2kg whole butternut pumpkin
- 1 onion
- olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt
- 3½ cups (875ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sour cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- 2Cut the pumpkin in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- 3Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, and onion on a baking tray.
- 4Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 5Bake for 55–60 minutes or until the pumpkin is just soft and starting to brown. Scoop the pumpkin out of the skin into a blender.
- 6Scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender.
- 7Add 1 cup (250ml) of the chicken stock and blend until smooth.
- 8Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add remaining stock, cream and honey.
- 9Place over medium heat until soup is heated through.
- 10Serve with sour cream.
Fast, Fresh, Simple is currently on the Lifestyle channel and you can click here if you would like to check out some of Donna's fantastic recipes.
Click on any of the Donna Hay books below to purchase