A Sunday night favourite of ours is Smoked Salmon Penne. Its quick and delicious.
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 2 sliced shallots
- 300g smoked salmon
- finely grated rind of a large lemon
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 fresh red chili chopped
- thinly sliced red capsicum (1/4 -1/2)
- 4 tom tomatoes cut in half
- asparagus sliced thinly (optional)
- 400g of penne
- 400g 95% fat free carnation milk
- chopped parsley and or coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- an egg whisked
1.Cook penne in boiling salted water.
2.In a pan, fry chili, shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3.Add sliced capsicum and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4.Add tin of carnation milk, salt and pepper to taste, asparagus and grated rind of the lemon and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
5.Add sliced salmon and chopped parley and or coriander and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
6.Drain pasta and add to the salmon mixture in fry pan. Stir in a raw whisked egg to thicken.