Sunday, 24 August 2014

Slow Roast Tomatoes

Yesterday I went to Newcastle's Farmers Markets and bought these beautiful tomatoes.
I also bought some sour dough bread and plenty of pumpkin to make soup.


I decided to Slow Roast the Tomatoes for dinner.
Firstly I halved the tomatoes horizontally and placed them skin down on a baking tray. I added a few slices of garlic to each tomato and sprinkled with brown sugar. Next I drizzled the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and put into a slow oven.

After about an hour in the oven the tomatoes are soft and lightly charred. Set aside to cool.

The next thing to do would be to sprinkle with basil, but I didn't have any, so I grated Parmesan cheese over the top.

Toast some sour dough and place tomato on top.

 Smash the tomato onto the toast.

It is a perfect accompaniment for the soup. I promise there won't be any leftovers!

Enjoy,

xToni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...