When my son was at Pre School he came home crying one day because his friend's mum had made jam drops and I hadn't. My son is now 20 years old and I still tease him about the emotional blackmail he used to get me to make him biscuits.
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup custard powder
80g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tbs milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with non stick paper.
2. Sift flour and custard powder together
3. Beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add flour mixture and mix together to form a soft dough.
5. Roll heaped teaspoonful into balls and place onto trays, leaving about 5cm space between biscuits for spreading.
6. Using your thumb, make an indent in the top and fill with a little of the jam.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is still delicious all these years later. Enjoy,